Here's a look at the most popular stories this week on Military.com.
Navy Sacks Second Submarine Commander in 5 Days
The commanding officer of the second submarine to integrate women into its previously all-male crews has been removed from his job, Navy leaders announced Friday.
By Gina Harkins | Read more
Veteran ID Card Program to Get Speed Boost in October
Veterans who apply for ID cards through the Department of Veteran Affairs program rolled out last year should start to see a faster turnaround time in October, officials said Aug. 31.
By Amy Bushatz | Read more
When It Comes to Medical Marijuana, Veterans Often Have to Improvise
It wasn't until years after she got out of the Navy that Elizabeth Bietts went to the Department of Veterans Affairs. Bietts, who worked as an airplane mechanic, said she was raped 12 times during her almost seven years in the Navy, and didn't talk about it until she went to file a claim for benefits with the VA years later.
By Julia Bergman, The Day | Read more
Most Read in Army
- Soldier Killed in Insider Attack Was SFAB Command Sergeant Major
- Army Fires 2-Star General at Virginia Base
Most Read in Navy
- Navy Shifts Recruiting Efforts Online, Uses Sailor in First Reddit 'AMA'
- Navy Researchers May Be Closing in on a Vaccine for Malaria
Most Read in Air Force
- Retired Air Force Four-Star: How to Solve Aviation Crisis
- Wright-Patterson Active Shooter Scare Remains Unclear a Month Later
Most Read in Marine Corps
- Lawyer Wants to Hold Government in Contempt of Court in Marine's Case
- Marines Evacuate Training Center As California Wildfires Rage
Most Read in Technology
- Army Secretary Wants to Field Hypersonic Weapons in Next 10 Years
- Next-Gen Tracking Sensor Could Help Avoid Friendly Fire Accidents
Most Read in Gear and Fitness
- Army Eyes Device That Can Launch, Recover Drones from a Moving Vehicle
- Army Wants a Portable Seawater Purifier for Troops
Most Read in Business
- F-22 Deemed Too Expensive to Fix for 6 Years Finally Ready to Fly
- Watchdog Slams F-35 Program for Taking Shortcuts That Could Harm Troops
Most Read in Spouse and Family
- These Kids Just Finished Their Special Forces Q-Course
- This Air Force Couple Fosters Pets, You Can Too
Most Read in Entertainment
- Now You Can See the 'Deadpool' Movie Ryan Reynolds Really Wanted to Make
- Robert Forster Still Hard at Work in 'The Big Take'
Most Read in Pay and Benefits
Most Read in Veterans
- Lawyer for Homeless Veteran: $400K in Donations Is All Gone
- VA to Add Medical Staff After 'Rust and Blood' Found on Surgical Instruments