"Deadpool 2" is out now on 4K UltraHD, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD. There's a special edition with a "Super Duper $@%!#& Cut" that adds 15 minutes to the running time and offers a very different version of the movie.
Theatrical "Deadpool 2" opens with the death of a loved one and proceeds with the Merc With a Mouth's attempts to piece his life back together. He becomes an X-Men Trainee and encounters the orphan mutant Firefist (Julian Dennison). Both end up in mutant prison and Cable (Josh Brolin) arrives from the future to kill the kids, since a grown-up Firefist will eventually murder his family.
Deadpool learns about family (and time travel) and the world is set right with some X-Men assistance from Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead.
That's not really the point, though. Deadpool is about taking shots and other movie franchises and gross-out jokes about violence and poop. The theatrical cut plays as a dirtier version of an X-Men movie, something that's recognizably still connected to the X-Men universe.
The Super Duper $@%!#& Cut is the filmmakers run amok. Action scenes run longer (and bloodier), there's more nudity, more running jokes sure to piss off the competition, different music cues and a slightly goofier version of Cable. Warning for parents whose kids attend sleepovers: If the R-rated theatrical version was an inappropriate outing for an 8-year-old, showing this cut a kid might warrant a call to Family Services.
Immature grown-ups who love Deadpool will find this hilarious. There's a ton of insidery bonus material so fans can feel like they're in on the joke with Ryan:
- Deleted/Extended Scenes (1080p; 2:36)
- Gag Reel (1080p; 3:11)
- Deadpool Family Values: Cast of Characters (1080p; 15:09) offers an overview of several characters, but has a few spoilers along the way.
- David Leitch Not Lynch: Directing DP2 (1080p; 11:39) has some agreeable snippet interviews with Leitch and others, and also has some fun on the set footage.
- Deadpool's Lips Are Sealed: Secrets and Easter Eggs (1080p; 12:52) focuses on the secrecy surrounding the shoot and other hidden things.
- Until Your Face Hurts: Alt Takes (1080p; 9:25) isn't just takes, but interstitial interviews, so this plays more like an EPK.
- Roll With the Punches: Action and Stunts (1080p; 6:57) has some enjoyable footage of various set pieces being filmed.
- The Deadpool Prison Experiment (1080p; 11:28) has some generalist interview segments that finally start to hone in on the prison setting of the film.
- The Most Important X-Force Member (1080p; 2:21) is devoted to Paul, er, Peter, the more unlikely member of Deadpool's team.
- Chess With Omega Red (1080p; 1:16) is a behind the scenes bit with one of the prison inmates.
- Swole and Sexy (1080p; 2:12) features two of the more, well, nerdy, out of shape characters, along with another more fit guy.
- "3 Minute Monologue" (1080p; 2:14) offers Josh Brolin getting made up.
- Audio Commentary by Ryan Reynolds, David Leitch, Rhett Reese and Paul Warnick
- Deadpool's Fun Sack 2
- Videos (1080p; 35:22) offers a variety of often pretty funny things like a teaser (with Stan Lee), Deadpool as Bob Ross, and a piece on tattoos.
- Stills (1080p; 2:23) offers either a Manual Advance or Auto Advance option. The timing is for the Auto Advance option.