Here's a look at the most popular stories this week on Military.com:
Army Picks Sig Sauer's P320 Handgun to Replace M9 Service Pistol
The U.S. Army on Thursday awarded Sig Sauer a contract worth $580 million to make the next service pistol based on the company's P320 handgun.
By Matthew Cox and Hope Hodge Seck | Read more
Obama Commutes Sentence of Chelsea Manning
President Barack Obama has commuted the sentence of Chelsea Manning, the former Army intelligence analyst who leaked information to the website WikiLeaks, the White House announced Tuesday.
By Brendan McGarry | Read more
Millions More Vets to Be Able to Shop at Exchanges Online
After two years of study and debate, the Department of Defense has made a policy change, effective next November, to allow 16 million honorably discharged veterans to shop online for discounted military exchange products.
By Tom Philpott | Read more
Popular in Army
Popular in Navy
- SEAL Killed Fighting ISIS Among Operators to Receive Medal Upgrade
- Saltwater-Proof Rifle Designed With SEALs, Coasties in Mind
Popular in Air Force
- Air Force: PTSD, Other Factors Led Airman to Kill Commander
- Eight Airmen to Receive Valor Medal Upgrades
Popular in Marine Corps
- Marine Killed, Another Injured in Training Accident
- Colonel Accused of Child Sex Abuse Behind Bars After New Allegations
Popular in Gear and Equipment
- Beretta Unveils the New Tikka Tactical Bolt Gun
- This 1911-Style Striker-Fired H9 Pistol Shined at SHOT Show
Popular in Technology
- Air Force Mulls Low-Cost Fighter Experiment
- Air Force Names First Reserve Base to Host F-35 Stealth Fighter
Popular in Procurement
- Navy Acquisition Chief: Surge to 355 Ships 'Easily Done'
- Problems in Ship Programs Not Systemic: Admiral