Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment

Bottle of liquor

If you are a veteran needing treatment due to substance abuse issues you may be eligible for assistance through the VA.

Veterans eligible for VA medical care may apply for substance abuse treatment. Veterans without service-connected disabilities whose incomes exceed the threshold for free medical care may be authorized treatment for alcohol and drug dependence only if the veteran agrees to make a copayment. Contact the nearest VA medical facility to enroll for care.

For more information on these programs, get in touch with your local VA office, or visit the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Website. The center features programs for substance abuse treatment and prevention.

Story Continues