Qualified Nurse Corps Offcers may be eligible for an accession (sign-on) bonus as well as monthly or annual incentive payments based on their speciality, length of service, or qualifications.
Military Nurse Accession Bonus
A person who is a registered nurse and who agrees to accept a commission as an officer may be paid an accession bonus of up to $30,000 for a four year contract or up to $20,000 for a three year contract.
Nurse Officer Incentive Special Pay
General Eligibility Requirements In order to be eligible for the Incentive Special Pay (ISP) for Specialty Nurses, a person must be a fully qualified registered nurse with an active, full unrestricted license in a designated specialty of:
- Perioperative nursing;
- Critical-care nursing;
- Emergency nursing;
- Obstetrics/gynecological nursing;
- Medical-Surgical nursing;
- Psychiatric/Mental Health nursing;
- Community/Public Health nursing;
- Pediatric nursing;
- Neonatal Intensive Care nursing;
- Nurse Midwife; or
- Any Nurse Practitioner.
- $5,000 a year for a 1-year contract;
- $10,000 a year for a 2-year contract;
- $15,000 a year for a 3-year contract; or
- $20,000 a year for a 4-year contract.
Military Nurse Anesthetist Bonus
General Eligibility Requirements In order to qualify for the Military Nurse Anesthetist Bonus, a person must be a qualified certified registered nurse anesthetist.
- $20,000 a year for a 1-year contract;
- $25,000 a year for a 2-year contract;
- $35,000 a year for a 3-year contract; or
- $50,000 a year for a 4-year contract.
Non-Physicial Healthcare Provider Board Certification Pay (NPBCP)
General Eligibility Requirements In order to qualify for NPBCP, a person must be a healthcare provider in a clinical specialty that is privilegeable,possess a post-baccalaureate degree in his/her clinical specialty and be certified by a professional board in his/her clinical specialty; and be in one of the following specialties:
- Nurse Anesthetist;
- Nurse Midwife;
- Clinical Nurse Specialist;
- Public Health Nurse;
- Nurse Practitioner in adult health, family health, pediatric, psychiatric/mental health, acute care, primary care, or women's health care
Annual Amount Payable
- Less than 10 years service - $2,000
- At least 10 but less than 12 years service - $2,500
- At least 12 but less than 14 years service - $3,000
- At least 14 but less than 18 years service - $4,000
- 18 or more years service - $5,000