Gathering will feature veteran voices as well as private and public sector leaders sharing innovative ideas
McLean, Va – Monster and Military.com announced they will host their 2nd annual National Veteran Employment Summit this month featuring leading voices in government and the private sector and showcasing innovative solutions to improve the way in which companies recruit, train and retain veterans.
The National Veteran Employment Summit will take place on April 30th at the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel from 8 am to 5 pm with a networking reception following the event. The Summit differs from other veteran employment events because it focuses not only on narrowing the communication divide between veterans and employers, it speaks directly to the Human Resources leaders to provide answers to their questions and find new avenues to understand the best and most effective ways to hire and retain veteran talent.
“The National Veteran Employment Summit is our venue for addressing the important issues that others shy away from when it comes to hiring veterans.Â We are highlighting the great ideas from companies and human resources teams who are successful in hiring and keeping veterans,” said Sal Iannuzzi, CEO of Monster Worldwide.
The program will feature sessions dealing with employment from the veterans and spouse perspectives, a view from Capitol Hill, a frank discussion around what some employers quietly wonder about hiring veterans and what some organizations are doing to put commitments into action. The Summit will also spotlight innovative regional efforts to spur veteran employment.
The keynote address will be given by Sal Giunta, the first living Medal of Honor recipient since Vietnam. He will share his inspiring story of courage and his personal journey as a civilian in his post-Army life.
In addition, the Summit features a variety of well known speakers from the public, private and non-profit sectors as well as military leaders and veterans themselves, including:
- Senator Joe Manchin, (D-W.Va.), United States Senate
- David Amsden, Vice President of Recruiting, Cognizant Technology Solutions
- David Coe, Vice President of Strategic Programs, Orion International
- John DiPiero, Senior Communications Partner for Veteran Engagement, USAA
- Al Garver, Executive Director, Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States
- Lenny Giaquinto, Systems Engineering Lead, The MITRE Corporation
- Allison Gilmore, Vice President of Communications and Strategic Initiatives, Northern Virginia Technology Council
- Steve Gonzalez, Assistant Director, The American Legion
- Vivian Greentree, Senior Vice President, Head of Military and Veteran Affairs at First Data Corporation
- Evan Guzman, Head of Military and Veteran Affairs, Verizon
- Admiral (ret.) John C. Harvey, Jr., Virginia Secretary of Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security
- Jeffrey C. Hall, National Employment Director, Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
- Bobbie Kilberg, President, Northern Virginia Technology Council
- Mary MacPherson, Office of the President, Northern Virginia Community College
- Linda Nguyen, CEO, Workforce Central
- Daniel Villao, Chair, National Advisory Committee on Registered Apprenticeship, Department of Labor
This event is for leaders from organizations and human resources professionals who seek to improve or begin a veteran hiring program. The day-long Summit is designed to be a dialog that will inform, educate and inspire all who attend.
In addition, the Summit will also feature a one-of-a-kind National Veteran Employment Summit Recruiting Day on April 29th, 2014 for veterans seeking employment. The recruiting event is for veterans, guard and reserve members, military spouses and those active duty service members with less than three months left before they leave the military. The program is hosted by Virginia Values Veterans, the Northern Virginia Technology Council, the Virginia Employment Commission, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, H2H.jobs, and Monster and Military.com. Resumes are required for registration.
Media wishing to attend and cover the Summit should contact email@example.com to obtain a press pass.
About Monster Worldwide Monster Worldwide, Inc. is the global leader in successfully connecting job opportunities and people. Monster uses the world's most advanced technology to help people Find Better, matching job seekers to opportunities via digital, social and mobile solutions including monster.comÂ®, our flagship website, and employers to the best talent using a vast array of products and services. As an Internet pioneer, more than 200 million people have registered on the Monster Worldwide network. Today, with operations in more than 40 countries, Monster provides the broadest, most sophisticated job seeking, career management, recruitment and talent management capabilities globally. For more information visit about-monster.com.