SAN FRANCISCO – Military.com, the nation’s largest military and veteran online membership organization and subsidiary of Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW), today announced the release of the 2009 edition of The Military Advantage: A Comprehensive Guide to Your Military and Veterans Benefits, the essential reference to accessing the scholarships, educational benefits, military discounts, health care, and transition assistance every service member needs.
The Military Advantage offers advice, shortcuts and insider tips to help readers understand and access these important benefits. This new edition provides updates to all key aspects of the book. In addition, it is also the first reference to offer a complete informational guide to all of the new educational benefits authorized in the post-9/11 GI Bill.
"For our service members, veterans and most importantly, their families, navigating the military benefits program can be a confusing and frustrating process,” said Rear Admiral (retired) T. McCreary, president, Military.com. "The Military Advantage and its companion Web site, Military.com, are guides to find the correct information quickly.” The book's chapters are divided by subject to make this an easy to use reference:
- The Money Advantage – discounts on everything from airline tickets to long-distance phone service, VA home loans, life insurance and savings plans, credit counseling, and emergency relief.
- The Pay Advantage – navigating the military pay system with up-to-date pay charts, basic pay and allowances, reserve pay and retired pay.
- The Health Care Advantage – TRICARE options, special benefits and Veteran health care.
- The Benefits Advantage – military travel and lodging, legal assistance, burial benefits, disability, and surviving family benefits.
- The Education Advantage – money for school through the Montgomery GI Bill, the Post 9/11 GI Bill, and other sources, as well as scholarships and loans for dependents.
- The Career Advantage – professional development, deployment and mobilization, relocation.
- The Transition Advantage – pre-separation counseling for those leaving the military, retirement preparation, career counseling, and employment resources.
- The Family Advantage – relocation support, childcare, deployment support, and spouse employment.
The information in The Military Advantage has been assembled through close consultation with the Department of Defense, the Veterans Administration, and other agencies, and has been shaped by input and feedback from some of Military.com's ten million members.
About Monster Worldwide Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW), parent company of Monster, the premier global online employment solution for more than a decade, strives to inspire people to improve their lives. With a local presence in key markets in North America, Europe, and Asia, Monster works for everyone by connecting employers with quality job seekers at all levels and by providing personalized career advice to consumers globally. Through online media sites and services, Monster delivers vast, highly targeted audiences to advertisers. Monster Worldwide is a member of the S&P 500 index. To learn more about Monster's industry-leading products and services, visit www.monster.com. More information about Monster Worldwide is available at http://corporate.monster.com.