ASVAB Retest Policy
ASVAB retest policy requires a one-month wait between administration of the initial ASVAB and a retest. To retake the ASVAB a second time, another one-month wait is required. For any additional retests, a six-month wait is required between retests.
The retest policy is the same, regardless of whether the initial test is a student test or an enlistment test.
1. Applicant has been administered first retest.
The applicant will be allowed a second retest any time after one month from the first retest. Second retests administered before the one month period will be invalidated. Example: If a first retest was administered on 20 Mar 07, a second retest can be administered on or after 20 Apr 07.
2. Applicant has been administered two retests (i.e., three total tests).
The applicant may be administered a third retest six months from the date of the second retest. Note that the six month rule applies to all retests after the second retest.
3. Applicant has obtained a Critical AFQT Gain (i.e., gain of 20 or more points on AFQT in a 6-month period).
In this case, the applicant is required to take a confirmation test (C-Test). The applicant may retest immediately and is NOT required to wait one month before administration of the C-Test. If the applicant is a C-Test No-Show, he/she may return for a standard retest six months from the date of the Critical Gain Retest.
4. Applicant has been administered a Confirmation Test (C-Test) to verify an AFQT retest score gain of 20 or more points in a 6-month period.
The applicant may return for another standard retest six months from the date of the C-Test.
5. An applicant's initial test was invalidated for administrative reasons (i.e., fire drills, etc.)
The invalid initial test does NOT count as the first test. The applicant may return for another initial test based on MEPS scheduling.
6. An applicant's initial test or first/second retest was invalidated for cheating.
The applicant must wait six months before retesting.
7. An applicant’s first/second retest was invalidated for administrative reasons (i.e., fire drills, etc.)
The invalid test does NOT count. The applicant may retest (on a different form) one month following the initial test/first retest.