Navy Tuition Assistance
The Navy Tuition Assistance program pays 100% of tuition and required fees charged by educational institutions for course enrollments.
Navy Tuition Assistance Eligibility
TA is available to both Naval Officer and Enlisted active duty personnel and Naval Reservists on continuous active duty. It is also available to enlisted Naval Reservists ordered to active duty 120 days and to Naval Reservist Officers ordered to active duty for 2 years or more. To qualify, service members must:
- be on active duty for the whole length of the course.
- attend an institution accredited by a regional, national, or professional accrediting agency recognized by the Department of Education.
- receive counseling from a Navy College Office or Virtual Education Center Counselor
- provide all grades from previously funded TA courses and reimburse all W and F grades. (Withdrawals for involuntary reasons may be granted with command verification.)
- Agree, if an officer, to remain on active duty for at least two years upon completion of courses funded by TA. This obligation runs concurrently with remaining obligated service time. Those who fail to serve the obligation must repay the TA funds expended on their behalf during the last two years of active duty on a pro rated basis.
The maximum amount paid for tuition assistance: 100% Tuition and Fees
Not to exceed:
- $250.00 @ Semester Credit Hour, or
- $166.67 @ Quarter Credit Hour, and
- 16 Semester Hours (24 Quarter Hours or 240 Clock Hours)@ Fiscal Year
- Reimbursement of TA funds is required for all:
- undergraduate level (D or lower) grades,
- non-passing (N) grades,
- graduate level (C or lower) grades,
- incomplete (I) grades in effect longer than six months,
- voluntary withdrawal (W) grades.
- Contact your Navy College Office or the Virtual Education Center to receive educational counseling either in person, virtually, by phone or email. With your academic advisor, determine which courses will be requested for TA funding.
- Complete a TA Application in WebTA listing course(s). Check with your institution to make sure the amounts for tuition you listed are correct. Fees may not be paid using TA funds.
- Start your application 30 days in advance of the term start date.
- You can submit your TA even before finishing your enrollment in the course at your school!
- To apply for Tuition Assistance electronically from any computer, go to https://www.navycollege.navy.mil, and click on Secure Tuition Assistance & Other Funding.
- You may log-in via CAC or DEERS.
- Every TA application MUST be Command Approved prior to being forwarded to the VEC.
Requirements for Command Approval
- Must have served one-year on-board in their FIRST permanent duty station (this requirement may be waived by CO)
- Will serve on active duty through the last day of the course.
- Pass the most recent Physical Fitness Assessment or received a waiver.
- Took their most recent advancement exam, if applicable, and are recommended for advance or promotion.
- Have not received a NJP within 6 months or not pending administrative separation.
- Not under instruction in initial skills training or in a duty under instruction training status.
For further program details and Navy Tuition Assistance program updates
Visit the Official Navy College website for full details of the program.
|Navy Tuition Assistance Tuition Assistance|