GI Bill Archive

Showing 1 - 5 of 83 articles

Post-9/11 GI Bill Overview

Post 9/11 GI Bill banner.

<!-- .style1 {font-style: italic} --> The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides education benefits for servicemembers who have served on active duty for 90 or more days since Sept. 10, 2001. The Post-9/11 GI Bill can pay your full tuition & fees at school, provide you with a monthly housing allowance while you are going to school, and give you up to $1,000 a year to use for books and supplies. If you live in the middle of nowhere the Post-9/11 GI Bi... more

GI Bill Transferability

Air Force family

Post-9/11 GI Bill Transferability While the Post-9/11 GI Bill offers a very generous post-service education benefit, a special provision of the program allows career service members the opportunity to share their education benefits with immediate family members. The Post 9/11 GI Bill is the only one which allows transferring education benefits. brightcove.createExperiences(); Allowing career service members to transfer ... more

20 Top FAQs for the Post-9/11 GI Bill

Post 9/11 GI Bill banner.

The Top 20 Post-9/11 GI Bill Frequently Asked Questions When does the Post 9/11 GI Bill go into effect and how do I apply? Is this new benefit retroactive to Sept. 11, 2001? Am I eligible? Does the length of time served after 9/11 effect my level of benefits? What are the major benefits of the this new program? Are there additional benefits? Is there a limit to the benefits if I go to school half-time? ... more

5 Must Know GI Bill Facts

money books 600x400

Fact #1. You have 10 - 15 years to use your GI Bill benefits. Once you have separated from the service you have 10 years to use all of your benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill and 15 years to use your Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits. Although separating from service "starts the clock" on your 10-year time limit, you should know that if you rejoin active-duty service for more than 90 days during the 10- year period, your 10-year clock is reset.... more

What Happens If You Drop A Class Using The GI Bill

Students studying at a library.

To understand what happens if you drop a class look at it this way: Uncle Sam is paying you money to go to school and take classes, if you don't show up for classes he's going to come to you looking for that money. If you remember anything from your military service, you remember that the government will get any money owed to them, and they will get it pretty fast. So, with this in mind how can you drop that class you are failing and not end ... more

Get the

Education Insider


education money cap books 90x60

GI Bill Benefit

The GI Bill is arguably the greatest benefit of serving in the Armed Forces. The GI Bill includes several VA administered education programs including the Post-9/11 GI Bill, The Montgomery GI Bill, REAP, and VEAP. These programs provide a benefit that can enhance your life, career, and future income potential. This section of the Military Education Center is designed to help you determine which program(s) you may qualify for and which best fits your needs.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at
© 2015 Military Advantage