Update: Proposed 2014 pay charts are at the bottom of this article.
The President signed the NDAA for FY2013 which includes a 1.7 percent across-the-board pay increase for 2013. This pay raise went into effect on January 1, 2013.
Take a look at the 2013 military pay charts to see what you are getting this year:
-- The 2013 Active Duty Pay Charts
-- The 2013 Reserve/Guard Pay Charts
Prior Year's Pay Charts:
-- 2012 Active Duty Military Pay Chart
-- 2012 Guard and Reserve Drill Pay Charts
-- Historical Pay Charts Dating Back to 1949.
Factors That Affect Military Pay
- The Annual Pay Raise
- Longevity raises virtually every 2 years (based on the number of years in service)
- Number of Drill Periods (Guard and Reserve Only)
- Basic Allowance for Housing Increases: BAH (based on location).
- Basic Allowance for Subsistence Increases: BAS
- 2012 Cost of Living Allowance Increases: COLA (based on location).
- And Special Pay(s) (based on occupations: Language Skills, Combat, Flight, Hazardous Duty).
Proposed Pay Charts for 2014
Proposed Pay Chart for 2014: 1% Increase
Proposed Pay Chart for 2014: 1.8% Increase
Read this article for more details on the proposed 2014 pay charts.