To be considered for our top veteran employer list, click this link today and fill out the questionnaire. We can't wait to hear about all the good work your company does so that our transitioning military, veterans and spouses know how to find the best corporate cultures and government agencies in the world. The deadline is Oct. 23, and the list will be published on Veterans Day, Nov. 11.
Your company seems to be doing everything right when it comes to veteran employment. You see the real business benefits of hiring veterans, which is ideal. Your company also goes above and beyond by investing in so many of the amazing practices that have been shown to increase veteran hires, such as:
- Featuring images of veterans on your company website with a military skills translator.
- Including veterans on your recruitment team.
- Participating in a SkillBridge internship program with an organization like Hiring Our Heroes.
- Committing to a publicly stated veteran and/or spouse hiring goal.
- Adopting Military.com's best veteran interview tactics
- Following a CEO who is still hot on hiring veterans despite the reports of diversity hiring fatigue in other companies.
- Most of all, actually hiring veterans and spouses. They are working with you right now, or maybe you are one of them.
Clearly, your company is committed to greatness. So why aren't you featured on our Military.com Top 25 Veteran Employers list?
Probably because someone forgot to take our annual veteran assessment. It is super easy to do. There are only 10 questions to answer. If you don't think you are the one who should fill this out for your company, just make a note in the box provided on the assessment, and we will get in contact with the right folks at your company.
If you are looking for more ways to support and hire veterans, consider sponsoring one of our popular transition master classes for the Veteran Employment Project. Or sponsor our visit to your local military base. Contact our program manager, Rachael Hubbard, at Rachael.Hubbard@monster.com.
Jacey Eckhart is Military.com's transition master coach. She is a certified professional career coach and military sociologist who helps military members get their first civilian job by offering career-level Master Classes through our Veteran Employment Project and on her website, SeniorMilitaryTransition.com. Reach her at Jacey.Eckhart@Monster.com.
Find Your Next Job Fast
Transitioning military, veterans and spouses may be qualified for the job, but they are missing the secrets of civilian hiring. Find out everything you need to know with our free master class series, including our next class. You can view previous classes in our video library. Questions for Jacey? Visit our Facebook page.