Retail clerks must be personable and exude customer service. Make sure your resume demonstrates these qualities to an employer. Get ideas from this sample resume for a retail clerk below and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Related: Does your resume pass the 6-second test? Get a FREE assessment.
Shane Vilmer 927 Brook Lane Sometown, TX 75055 555-555-5555 email@example.com
EXPERIENCED RETAIL CLERK
- Retail sales clerk known for exemplary customer service, team player mindset and exceptional cash-handling accuracy.
- Two-year record of dedication and dependability reinforced by consistent "exceeds expectations" ratings on performance reviews and multiple "Employee of the Month" honors.
- Backed by excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service that has been described as "second-to-none" by employers.
STORE-MART/DISCOUNT RETAIL CO., Sometown, TX Big-box retail store locations with up to $2.6M in annual sales. Retail Sales Clerk, 6/07 to Present Courteously greet customers and efficiently process transactions within busy, fast-paced retail environments. Operate cash register, scanners and computers to itemize and total customer purchases; collect payments and make change for cash transactions; and balance drawer at the end of each shift. Assist with store stocking, floor-sets and opening/closing procedures. Accomplishments:
- Repeatedly named "Employee of the Month" at both companies in recognition of excellent job performance and customer service.
- Commended by supervisors for flexibility in changing work hours when asked and filling in during scheduled off-days for absent employees.
- Honored with repeated awards for cash handling accuracy, with zero overages/shortages month-over-month.
- Displayed a positive, helpful attitude on a daily basis that was consistently praised by customers and employers alike.
SOMETOWN HIGH SCHOOL, Sometown, TX High School Diploma, 2004
- Three-Time "Employee of the Month," Store-Mart, 2007 to 2009
- Four-Time "Employee Star," Discount Retail Co., 2004 to 2005
- "Peak Performer Award" (for cash-handling accuracy), Store-Mart, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Skilled at operating computerized cash registers, scanners and affiliated POS system
- Basic skills in MS Word and Excel
Available for all shifts and extended evening/weekend hours
The Next Step: Get Your Resume Out There
Get your resume seen by companies that are seeking veterans like you. Post your resume with Monster.com.