Logistics Management Specialist, FV-0346-F/H, DOT, FAA – Keyword Study
A successful federal resume should match a target vacancy announcement. The match should include keywords from the vacancy announcement, demonstrate the specialized experience and give examples that prove you have the experience.
This is the first of a series of keyword articles for 2012. Each article will contain 10 to 15 technical keywords that will be a must for your federal resume. The keywords are found in the following sections of the announcement: Mission, Duties, Qualifications, Specialized Experience and KSAs.
The Next Generation of Flight is Underway – and you can be part of it! We need you and your fresh ideas to shape the air transportation system of tomorrow, and the way America flies.
DUTIES: Serves as a Logistics Management Specialist in a Logistics Service Area with primary responsibility for in use management of personal property to support the National Aerospace System (NAS), the Air Traffic Organization (ATO), and other Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) initiatives and organizations. The incumbent uses a variety of property and accounting systems including, but not limited to, Automated Inventory Tracking System (AITS), Logistics and Inventory System (LIS), and is responsible for maintaining automated property systems.
- Keywords: Logistics Service; Management of personal property; Property and accounting systems utilization; Automated property systems
F-Band Duties: Assignments provide on-the-job experience to develop proficiency in all aspects of personal property management, capitalization, project material, inventory management, property control, motor fleet and property disposal and to prepare the incumbent for potential advancement.
- Keywords: Personal property management, capitalization, project management inventory control management, property control, motor fleet and property disposal.
F Band Experience: This position requires at least 3 years of progressively responsible general experience, 1 year of which was equivalent to at least the GS-4, which demonstrates your ability to: Analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions; plan and organize work; and communicate effectively.
- Keywords: Analyze problems, Gather data, Recognize solutions, Plan and organize work and communicate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge and experience in the application of Federal Laws, regulations, policies, and best practices for government personal property, asset management and capitalization. The incumbent typically acquires this knowledge through work involving acquiring, managing and disposing of personal property for the U.S. government. The incumbent may also acquire this knowledge through working in supply and inventory management and/or through formal training or education in business or logistics related fields.
- Keywords: Federal Laws and regulations for government personal property, asset management and capitalization. Acquiring and disposing of personal property. Supply and inventory management.
12 IMPORTANT KEYWORDS AND SKILLS TO ADD TO YOUR FEDERAL RESUME:
- Logistics Service
- Management of personal property
- Property and accounting systems utilization
- Acquiring and disposing of personal property
- Automated property systems
- Project management
- Inventory control management
- Analyze problems, Gather data, Recognize solutions
- .Knowledge of Federal Laws and regulations for government personal property
- Asset management and capitalization
- Supply and inventory management
Kathryn Troutman is dedicated to helping veterans write great resumes. Kathryn is the President of The Resume Place, Inc. Write your federal resume with Kathryn's 5 steps with the free template sample at www.vetfedjobs.org. Kathryn is also the author of the Military to Federal Career Guide and CD-ROM, filled with successful samples of federal and private industry resumes. The guide is available as a print book and eBook. You can view a federal resume and a private industry resume for six case studies on the eCD-ROM, which costs only $9.95. The samples also include a cover letter for each case, which can help you feature your most marketable skills for the hiring specialist.