One of the biggest challenges veterans face when entering the civilian job market is that they don't know how to sell themselves in civilian terms. The military uses all sorts of jargon and the promotion and rotation system doesn't set veterans up for the process of applying for a job.
What follows are articles on preparing your resume and cover letter, as well as how to prepare for a job interview.
Resume and Cover Letter
- Sample Resume for a Military-to-Civilian Transition
- From Military to Civilian: Resume Translation
- 18 Critical Federal Resume Mistakes
- Things to Include in Your Cover Letter Cover
- 3 Things to Never Say in a Job Interview
- Job Search: 5 Behaviors That Display Confidence in the Interview
- What Are Your Greatest Strengths and Weaknesses?
- 100 Potential Interview Questions
- 15 Toughest Firefighter Interview Questions
- Study the 10 Most Common Interview Questions
- 10 Things to Bring to a Job Interview
- 10 Mistakes You Might Be Making in Job Interviews
- Be Careful of Self-Talk Sabotage
- When Not to Wear a Suit to an Interview