The salary website Payscale.com has announced their top-20 list for top employers of former servicemembers, and as you would expect, companies that have contracts with the DoD and federal govenment rank high on the list. Al Lee, PayScale's director of quantitative analysis, notes: "A key skill that military people have going for them is that they understand how to work with the government and the military."Lee says that the top 20 employers fall under three industry categories: aerospace, weapons and defense contracting, and working for the government directly.
Aerospace and Defense Salary range for aerospace engineer: $50,000 - $126,000
Weapons and Security Salary range for technology manager: $44,000 - $140,000
Government Salary range for analyst: $55,000 to $100,000
For the full list of Payscale.com's top 20 employers, with links to the latest job openings available at these companies, see below.
Top 20 Employers of Military Veterans
- Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
- Booz, Allen and Hamilton
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- L-3 Communications
- United States Government - Department of Defense
- BAE Systems, Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)
- CACI International, Inc.
- The Boeing Company
- Department of Veteran's Affairs
- Allied Barton Security Services Inc.
- Raytheon Company
- Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
- Deloitte Consulting LLP
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Exelon Corporation
- General Dynamics Corporation
- General Electric Company (GE)
- Stryker Corporation
What do you think of this list? Do you have experiences working or applying for jobs with these companies, and do they match up with their high ranking? Sound off in our discussion forum.