On October 27, 2012, The Home Depot will be holding a special one-day event at 100 locations across the nation: Mission:Transition. Veterans can register for free for this event, at which they can hear directly from hiring managers, human resources professionals and former military leaders currently working at The Home Depot. Attendees will learn:
A well-crafted resume is the key that opens the door to interviews and opportunities.
- Define your goals
- Translate your military experience to civilian skills
- Topics include: Key words, action words, cover letters, formatting and common mistakes
Job Search Strategies
- Your brand
- A solid strategy for searching for jobs in today's challenging markets
- How to effectively use social media
Mastering the art of the interview is one of the best ways to separate yourself in today's crowded employment arena.
- Polish your existing interviewing skills
- Learn new techniques
- Prepare for various interview scenarios
The workshops will be 3-4 hours long. To register for this event and find a location near you, visit www.homedepotmilitary.com/.