It’s December now, and as we stare down the barrel of Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa… um… Boxing Day… and probably others (the only holiday I care about it National Waffle Day), we can finally look forward to holiday leave.
We spend time with family, drink in that one bar in our hometown that everyone we’ve ever known goes to, and open up the new fighting season in the war on Christmas.
Now matter how stressful the holiday season can get, you know who has your back? Memes. Veterans will make memes until they run out of jokes to tell. Did you see how much fun they had with the sky dick?
Oh man, anyway… here are the best memes of the week, created by your veteran social media community.
1. A toast to war criminals the world over!
Worst Mall Santa Ever.
2. Marines are a contentious people.
“YOU JUST MADE AN ENEMY FOR LIFE”
3. When you meet other veterans while on holiday leave. (via Decelerate Your Life)
Also: The Air Force has just as many stupid people as any other branch.
4. The wind beneath my wings got a DD-214 (via Why I’m Not Re-Enlisting)
Moves like Gandalf.
5. This is not helping our Chair Force image. (via Maintainer Nation)
Here we see Airman Snuffy sittin’ pretty in a 2017 Telford II Luxura model. So ANG.
6. Now we know why he crossed the road. (via Pop Smoke)
The one day the sky isn’t falling.
7. UN sanctions on North Korea must include Windex.
“Excuse me, do you have a moment to talk about our Eternal President Kim Il-Sung?”
8. The real reason weapons aren’t allowed in Antarctica.
This revolution will not (but totally should) be televised.
9. Remember when I said no more ‘Sky Dick’ memes?
Pants on fire.
10. I don’t know what they’re training for, but they’re winning.
Fuels doesn’t have a Class Six.
11. Spend free time learning to build robots.
Or pass butter.
12. Repent for the sins you committed on Thanksgiving. (via the Salty Soldier)
“In nomeni patri et fili et sour cream. Dammit! Sorry, old habits die hard.”
13. Some people just join the Navy… (via Decelerate Your Life)
“… I am the Navy.”
Blake Stilwell is a traveler, writer, and adventurer with degrees in design, television & film, and international relations. He is a veteran US Air Force Combat Photojournalist who has worked for ABC News, NBC, and HBO. Blake is based in Hollywood, but often found elsewhere.
MORE POSTS FROM WE ARE THE MIGHTY:
We Are The Mighty (WATM) celebrates service with stories that inspire. WATM is made in Hollywood by veterans. It's military life presented like never before. Check it out at We Are the Mighty.