William Shatner, legendary Priceline spokesman and the real commander of the starship USS Enterprise, is riding a motorcycle from Chicago to Hollywood, retracing the trip he took along Route 66 at age 19 as he drove west to launch his acting career.
He's undertaking this trip in partnership with the American Legion Riders to help raise awareness of American Legion programs and raise funds for The American Legion Legacy Scholarship, which helps cover college expenses for children of U.S. military men and women who lost their lives while on duty since Sept. 11, 2001.
Shatner and company are visiting several American Legion posts along the way. See their complete schedule below:
- June 23 – Chicago to St. Louis
- June 24 – St. Louis to Kansas City, Mo. (American Legion Post 21)
- June 25 – Kansas City to Oklahoma City (American Legion Post 1340)
- June 26 – Oklahoma City to Amarillo, Texas
- June 27 – Amarillo to Albuquerque, N.M. (American Legion Post 49)
- June 28 – Albuquerque to Flagstaff, Ariz. (American Legion Post 3)
- June 29 – Flagstaff to Las Vegas
- June 30 – Las Vegas to Hollywood, Calif.