Paycheck Chronicles

Vets Can Request Some Records Online

The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) and the National Archives have a website designed to help veterans and next-of-kin access military records more easily.  The website address is  At this website, you can request veterans records, including DD Form214 and SF-180.

Here's a short video talking about the veterans records services offered:


To see how it worked, I tried to request my father's records. The website warns that it only works in Internet Explorer and it is true!  I was easily able to navigate the system once I switched to Internet Explorer.

I hope that some of you find this useful.  It is frustrating when you need a particular document and you don't have months to wait for it to arrive.  According to the website, 92% of DD214 request are being filled within two weeks.  That's a lot of shorter wait!


Show Full Article

Related Topics

PayCheck Chronicles

More from Paycheck Chronicles

Roth IRA or Roth TSP?
The Roth IRA and the Roth TSP, while similar, have many differences. Which is right for you?
View more

Most Recent Military Pay Articles

View more