Paycheck Chronicles

Retiree 1099R Tax Statements

I get an amazing number of emails from retirees, asking me to send them their 1099R tax statements.  I wish I could do this for these readers, but I can not.  I am not affiliated with the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) in any way, and I don't have access to anyone's information.

Retirees seeking their 1099R have two options:  retrieve it from their MyPay account, or call the DFAS  Retiree and Annuitants customer service telephone line at 1-800-321-1080.  This number is staffed Monday through Friday, 7 am to 6 pm Eastern Time.

If you don't have a MyPay account, it should be relatively simple to set one up.  Unfortunately, many readers are having difficulty.  I recommend that you call the customer service number if you are unable to set up a MyPay account.

I always encourage people to set up a MyPay account because it allows them unlimited access to their pay and tax information, 24 hours a day.  You can check Retiree Account Statements at any time and retrieve old documents if necessary.  It is a handy tool and if you are computer literate enough to be reading this, you can manage the MyPay system.

Please don't forget, I am unable to help you access your statements.  If you can't access it via the MyPay system, please call the customer service number at DFAS for help.

Show Full Article

Related Topics

PayCheck Chronicles

Most Recent Military Pay Articles

View more
This block is broken or missing. You may be missing content or you might need to enable the original module.