Paycheck Chronicles

2012 Tax Statement Release Schedule

. The Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) has announced the dates that your 2012 W-2 or 1099R tax statements will be available.  You can access your statements online at the MyPay website.  If you don't have MyPay online access,  take a bit of time today to set up your account so that you'll be able to get to your tax documents when they become available.

Retiree 1099Rs 12/13/2012
Annuitant 1099R 12/15/2012
Civilian employee W-2 (DoD/Non-DoD) 01/05/2013
Reserve Army, Navy & Air Force W-2 01/08/2013
Marine Corps Active & Reserve W-2 01/14/2013
Army NAF Civilian Pay W-2 01/20/2013
Savings Deposit Program 1099INT 01/22/2013
Active Duty Army, Navy & Air Force W-2 01/24/2013
Vendor Pay MISC W-2 01/31/2013
Travel PCS W-2* 01/31/2013
Don't forget that you are not technically supposed to file your income taxes until you have your W-2 or 1099R in hand. In addition, this year's tax-law shenanigans mean that many folks will be better off filing later than usual.

*PCS Travel W-2 applies to Personally Procured Moves (formerly known as DITY moves.) If you did a PPM this year, please don't file until you get your PCS Travel W-2. They come late, and they can be surprising. The first time my husband got a PCS Travel W-2, way back in the days before MyPay, I spent days trying to figure out where it came from, why I had it, and what I was to do with it.

Show Full Article

Related Topics

PayCheck Chronicles

Most Recent Military Pay Articles

View more
This block is broken or missing. You may be missing content or you might need to enable the original module.