Paycheck Chronicles

About "Tell Kate"



You may have noticed the little box on the left hand side of the webpage, labelled "Tell Kate."  I get a lot of email via that link, and I get the impression that some people might be confused about what I can and can not do.

First, let me say that I love to get your emails and I do try to answer all of them.  I get a lot of responses kicked back to me for incorrect email addresses, so please don't be angry with me if you don't get a personal reply.

However, many of the emails that I receive ask things like, "How come my pay is only $xx dollars.  Can you fix it?"  Unfortunately, the answer is no.  I do not work for the Department of Defense, and I don't have a special hotline to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS.)  If I did, they Navy would not owe my husband so much money right now!

I'm a financial educator, not a finance clerk.  If you pay is messed up, check your MyPay account or Retiree Account Statement, then talk to your finance folks or the helpful people at the DFAS Customer Service Department at 1-800-321-1080 (Monday to Friday, 7 am to 6 pm Eastern Time.

I am more than glad to help point you in the direction of help, but I can't fix pay problems for you.

Please keep those other comments, questions and suggestions coming!  I love a full mailbag.

Show Full Article

Related Topics

PayCheck Chronicles