On Friday, February 1, 2013, many TRICARE beneficiaries saw an increases in their prescription costs. Here is a quick run down on the new TRICARE medication co-pays:
Mail Order - Your new co-pay rates for TRICARE Home Delivery (Mail Order) medications changed as follows (for up to 90-day supplies):
- $0 for generic formulary medications - unchanged
- $13 for brand-name formulary medications - increased by $4
- $43 for non-formulary medications - increased by $18
- $5 for generic formulary medications – unchanged.
- $17 for brand-name formulary medications – increased by $5
- $44 for non-formulary medications – increased by $19
Non-Network Pharmacy - Your new co-pay rates for prescriptions filled at non-network pharmacies medications (including host nation pharmacies) and costs will vary based on your plan and the type of prescription.
- TRICARE Prime enrollees will pay 50% cost share after the point of service deductible is met.
- TRICARE Standard/Extra, TRICARE Reserve Select, TRICARE Retired Reserve or TRICARE Young Adult enrollees will pay:
- Formulary-Generic or Brand Name: $17 or 20% of the total cost, whichever is greater, after the annual deductible is met
- Non-Formulary $44 or 20% of the total cost, whichever is greater, after the annual deductible is met