Source: TRICARE -
The impact on TRICARE of a new retail pharmacy agreement between Express Scripts, Inc., (ESI) and Walgreens pharmacy has not yet been determined.
[Editor's Note: Read ESI and Walgreens official statement for more details]
The two companies announced a new network agreement on July 19, 2012. Walgreens left the ESI retail pharmacy network when their contract with ESI expired on Dec. 31, 2011. At this time, it has not been determined how the new agreement affects TRICARE. Specific details have not been released, but the new agreement does not go into effect until Sept. 15, 2012. TRICARE beneficiaries are currently served by military pharmacies, home delivery and a robust national retail network of over 56,000 pharmacies.
Please check back here on the Military Advantage Blog or the TRICARE website for more information as it becomes available.
TRICARE offers several options to meet your prescription needs.
- Military Pharmacies
- Located on military installations worldwide
- No cost; but call first to see if the prescription can be filled
- Find a Military Pharmacy
- TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery
- Easy, safe and convenient; prescriptions mailed directly to you
- Least expensive option after military pharmacies
- Learn More about Converting Your Prescriptions to Home Delivery
- TRICARE Network Pharmacies
- 56,000 TRICARE network pharmacies in the U.S. and U.S. Territories
- Find a Network Pharmacy
For More Information
For up-to-the-minute news about this issue, or to find a nearby network pharmacy please visit Express Scripts online at www.express-scripts.com/TRICARE or call 1-877-885-6313.