Our friends at Spouse Buzz have brought it to my attention that as of February 2012, United Concordia will no longer be the TRICARE Dental Program contractor -- the new contractor will be Metropolitan Life.
So what does this mean to TDP beneficiaries?
According to a TRICARE FAQ page the new MetLife coverage will feature:
- An increase in the annual maximum from $1,200 to $1,300
- An increase in the lifetime orthodontic maximum from $1,500 to $1,750
- Coverage of posterior resin (white) fillings
- Additional $1,200 maximum per year for services related to accidents/injuries
- No cost shares for some periodontal services for diabetics
- Coverage of an additional cleaning for women during pregnancy
- First-year premiums at or below current rates
The main concern I have is that the last bullet says, "first year." What does that mean for year two and beyond? And, so far, TRICARE is being tight-lipped about any cost-share changes.