If you are like me, you may not be aware that the VA VR&E program offers a Federal On-the-Job Training program to help vets land government jobs.
The Federal OJT program offers veterans the following benefits:
- Immediate income and benefits as a Federal employee.
- The chance to learn skills in a practical setting that meet the Federal Agency’s specifications.
- A starting salary, which is supplemented by VA subsistence allowance, so Veterans receive journeyman wages from the start.
- Permanent employment following successful completion of the OJT program.
- One-on-one VA support with training or work related needs.