Did you know that as a Veteran there are special programs available for you from the Small Business Administration?
Some of the programs available include:
- Veterans Business Outreach Centers (VBOCs) - designed to provide entrepreneurial development services such as business training, counseling and mentoring, and referrals for eligible veterans owning or considering starting a small business.
- Boots to Business - Boots to Business is a two-step entrepreneurial training program offered as part of the DoD's TAP program.
- Boots to Business: Reboot - Boots to Business Reboot is a two-step entrepreneurship training program offered to Veterans of all eras (Servicemembers, including members of the National Guard and Reserves) and their spouses. The program provides assistance to those interested in exploring business ownership or other self-employment opportunities. For more details see our Boots to Business: Reboot page.
- Veterans Institute for Procurement (VIP) - The National Center for Veteran Institute for Procurement (VIP) trains service-disabled and Veteran owned small businesses to succeed in the federal contracting market. The average VIP graduate increases their business revenue by 51% the first year after completing the course!
- Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship (V-WISE) - Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship (V-WISE) provides the tools women veterans, active duty and female family members need to become successful entrepreneurs. A three-phase program, V-WISE is offered to 200 participants per session, and includes two tracks of training; a growth track for participants already in business, and a start-up track, focused on potential entrepreneurs. Courses include business planning, marketing, accounting/finance, operations/production, human resources and work-life balance.
- Entrepreneurial Development programs for service disabled veterans -Currently, the SBA supports three entrepreneurial training programs for service disabled veterans via cooperative agreements with universities. Last year more than 300 service disabled veterans leveraged these programs for intensive entrepreneurship education.
- SBA Veterans Advantage - Loan fees for loans up to $350,000 are eliminated for Veterans. For loans between $350,000 and $5 million, the fees are reduced by 50% for eligible veterans.
Stay On Top of Your Veteran Benefits
Military benefits are always changing. Keep up with everything from pay to health care by subscribing to Military.com, and get access to up-to-date pay charts and more with all latest benefits delivered straight to your inbox.