There is a single fact that is true for everyone in the military: they won't stay on active duty forever. Even when it is hard to imagine a time when you're not serving, thinking about it now can make it easier when it does happen. For some on tips on how to prepare for transition, see this Paycheck Chronicles post. For additional transition tips and a customizable transition plan, visit the Military.com Transition Center.
When To Plan For Leaving The Military
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name