Former VA Secretary Shulkin resisted the pressure to privatize the VA Health Care system. Some are concerned that the next to fill that seat may not be as willing to push back on efforts to shift funding for modernizing and staffing VA hospitals and clinics to subsidizing private sector care. Read more about the impact of Shulkin's departure in this week's Military Update.
What Impact Will Shulkin's Ouster Have on the VA?
Current issue of the Military Report
- Here's Your 2020 Military Retiree, VA and Social Security Pay Bump
- Can Military Retirees Still Be Court-Martialed? Court Will Reconsider
- Build Your Future with Us: CRH is Hiring Veterans Now
- VA Not Doing Enough to Protect Veterans from Scams, GAO Finds
- Just What Is Open Season and Why Should You Care?
- Get Better Rates Now: Military Discounts on Auto Insurance
- Active-Duty Green Beret to Receive Medal of Honor for Heroic Afghanistan Rescue
- Navy OKs Automatic Promotion Program for Sailors Willing to Take Certain Jobs
- Marines Will Soon Have Better-Fitting Maternity Uniforms and Nursing T-Shirts
- New Graphic Novels Honor Hero Medal of Honor Recipients
- SGLI Not Enough? VGLI Too Much? Get $300k Coverage from Only $21 a Month
- Robot Army Working Dog May One Day Accompany Soldiers into Combat
- Still Time to Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit this Fall
- Enter Your Pet in This Exchange Halloween Costume Contest
- Commissary Curbside Shopping Expands to Fort Belvoir
- Training Squadron Reactivates for New Stealth Bomber