The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) continues to provide vital health care and other support to displaced veterans in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI). In Puerto Rico, the San Juan VA Medical Center (VAMC) is providing primary care and mental health services for walk-in patients. Also, VA officials have been monitoring the VA Caribbean Facebook page, and responding to family requests for status of both patients and staff. All community clinics and Vet Centers in Puerto Rico and USVI are closed until further notice. For assistance, call VISN 8 TelCare 24/7 hotline at 877-741-3400. Monitor operating status on the VA Caribbean Healthcare System website. Follow the VA Caribbean Facebook page and monitor the VA Blog for current information on VA facilities and services impacted by the hurricanes.
VA Provides Post-Hurricane Support in PR
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name