Here are ten facts about the VA Home Loan Program: (1) there is no down payment and no mortgage insurance required; (2) you can use your VA Home Loan benefits as many times as you want; (3) your benefit never expires; (4) surviving spouses may be eligible to use the benefit; (5) VA loan rates are typically about 0.25% lower than those of conventional loans; (6) VA loans are available from local lenders; (7) you can use your VA Home Loan benefit to buy, refinance, or tap into home equity; (8) a lower credit score, bankruptcy or foreclosure does not disqualify you from a VA home loan; and (9) you can buy many types of properties with a VA loan. For more information, visit Military.com's VA Home Loans section.
VA Home Loans
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name