Troy University is offering a new literature program for veterans and service members in the Ft. Benning, AL area. Funded by and offered in partnership with the Alabama Humanities Foundation, a new weekly reading program: "Story Swap: Literature and the Veteran Experience" is helping reintroduce many veterans to literature and helping them recognize that each person reads literary pieces based on his or her own experiences, making the individual veteran an expert on the story that he or she has read. The Phenix City Campus of Troy University is hosting soldiers assigned to the Warrior Transition Unit at Fort Benning. Each week, participants read selected literary pieces – some of which are military based – and a novel is selected for each 8 week study session. For more details, see this Military.com article.
Troy University Offers Literature Program for Vets
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name