When traveling, be aware of the bugs and insects that you may encounter along your way. Here are several tips: (1) talk with your doctor about any vaccines that you need. TRICARE covers age-appropriate vaccines; (2) know your TRICARE benefit, which you can use while travelling. Keep in mind your rules for getting urgent care depend on your plan; (3) carry with you emergency telephone numbers. Contact the Military Health System (MHS) Nurse Advice Line for help 24/7; (4) get routine care covered by your benefit before you leave on your trip, and fill any prescriptions you may need; (5) keep you and your family safe from insect-transmitted diseases and parasites by reading these prevention tips.
TRICARE Tips on Preparing for Travel
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name