VA has several programs for homeless women veterans: (1) family housing with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and VA Supportive Housing Program (HUD-VASH); (2) child care subsidies and rapid rehousing through Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program (SSVF); and (3) employment through Homeless Veteran Community Employment Services (HVCES). If you are a woman veteran experiencing or at-risk of homelessness, call 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838), or visit your nearest VA Medical Center or regional benefits office where advocates for women veterans are ready to assist. For more information, read the VA VAntage Point Blog.
Resources for Homeless Women Veterans
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name