Child support payments can be a major issue, particularly for veterans experiencing or at risk for homelessness. To help veterans avoid the serious risks that come with falling behind on child support payments, Homeless Veteran Community employment coordinator Charles Franklin at the VA Boston Healthcare System began working with the Child Support Enforcement Division of the Massachusetts Department of Revenue (DOR/CSE). Starting in May 2016, the department's 50 volunteer case managers have been making regular visits to VA facilities in Brockton and Jamaica Plain, where they are available to meet with veterans. Together, veterans and their case managers map out a plan and set a payment schedule for their child support payments. For more information, read the VA VAntage Point Blog.
Program Helps Some Vets Avoid Child Support Issues
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name