Naval Supply Systems Command Global Logistics Support (NAVSUP GLS) advises Sailors and family members that peak season for household goods (HHG) moves will run from May 15 to August 31 this year. Sailors expecting to move during this time should prepare as early as possible. This year is especially critical due to permanent change of station (PCS) orders being issued later than normal. Ideally, Sailors will have the online application almost complete and be ready to review and submit immediately upon receiving PCS orders. To start the process, visit the Navy Household Goods/Personal Property website to review various "how-to" guides for using the Defense Personal Property System (DPS) and basic entitlement information. Then, visit Move.mil to obtain a login and password for DPS and start your application.
Navy PCS Peak Season Approaches
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name