The U.S. Navy recently removed the fiscal year limit of 16 semester hours (or equivalent) and allowed Sailors to use tuition assistance (TA) up to the funding cap of $4,500. TA will continue to be paid up to the current DoD limits of $250 per semester hour, $166.67 per quarter hour, or $16.67 per clock hour up to the total yearly cap of $4,500. For more information, visit the Navy College Program website. Or call NCVEC toll free at 1-877-838-1659; DSN 492-4684. EST. For information about Navy COOL, visit the Navy COOL website or call (850) 452-6683. You can also follow Navy Voluntary Education on Facebook. For more Navy news and information, visit Military.com. For more on military education benefits, visit Military.com's Education channel.
Navy Changes Tuition Assistance Policy
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name