MMA and MMW rated Sailors are no longer required to convert to the MM (Machinist Mate) rating when transferring to the RC. MMA and MMW Sailors must take the appropriate advancement exam that matches their specific rate. Educational services officers (ESO) should ensure that MMA exams are ordered for MMA candidates and MMW exams are ordered for MMW candidates. ESOs should contact Navy Education and Training Professional Development Center (NETPDC) to order exams for those Sailors whose initial exams were not ordered in the correct rate. The deadline to order additional SELRES exams is Sept. 4. For more information, consult the Navy Enlisted Advancement System Website.
Navy Announces MMA Exams
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name