With Medicare and health coverage, many choices affect how and where you get your care. Initially, you will have to decide whether Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan works best for you, but your decision is not permanent. If you choose Original Medicare, you may want to add a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy to cover some of the costs not covered by Medicare. In either case, you will need suitable coverage for prescription drugs – either included as part of your Medicare Advantage plan or by enrolling in a separate Medicare prescription drug plan (Part D). If you are retired from the military, you will have access to TRICARE for Life, but to use that program you must still sign up for Medicare parts A and B. For more information, visit the Medicare website at Medicare.gov and the Military.com TRICARE for Life page.
Know Your Medicare Choices
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name