In this week's "Dear Career" military spouse career column, a reader writes in with a common problem: she has been unemployed for five months thanks to moving to a new duty station. She has applied for hundreds of jobs and attended job fairs, but has only scored a couple job interviews so far. If you have experience and a degree but can't get your foot in the door, what can be done? For some tips, see the Dear Career column.
Dear Career: Why Can't I Find a Job?
Current issue of the Military Report
- Veterans Group Sues Military Leaders, Claiming Benefits Decision Delays
- Firefighting Foam in Water Near Bases Gets Congressional Attention
- Jobs At T-Mobile -- A Top Military Employer
- New Commissary Shoppers Unable to Access Online Features, American Forces Travel
- Institutional Failures Found at VA Facility After Veteran's Parking Lot Suicide
- Use Your $0 Down 2020 VA Loan + No Limit Financing
- Petition Would Create Military Medal to Honor Those Fighting in the 'War on Drugs'
- VA Moving Forward on Implementing Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention Law
- 2020 Military Payday Schedule
- Military Discounts on Auto Insurance
- Group to Fight Space Force's Use of Bible for Swearing-In Ceremonies
- 1st Air Force Unit Begins 'Beta Testing' No-Fail Practice PT Test
- Coast Guard Wrapping Up Study on Why Minority Members Leave the Service
- Get $400k SGLI/VGLI Supplement from Less than $1 a Day
- Painkiller Overprescription at 3 Military Hospitals Prompts Scathing Watchdog Report
- Army Secretary Calls for Slowdown of Military Health Care Merger
- All-Female USAF Team Wins Bomb-Building Competition with 'Rosie the Riveter' Tribute
- Navy's Top Admiral Has No Apologies Over Carrier Lincoln's Extra-Long Deployment