Retiring Airmen in the Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve are entitled to receive a United States (U.S.) Flag, Retirement Certificate, Spouse Certificate of Appreciation (if applicable), Presidential Certificate of Appreciation, Presidential Letter (if eligible), and Retirement Lapel Pin. When completing your online retirement request using the virtual Personnel Center (vPC), Airmen should indicate the date of the retirement ceremony ensuring HQ ARPC provides timely delivery of the flag and retirement certificates. Airmen who retired or were discharged before Oct. 5, 1999, are not authorized to receive a flag at the government's expense. However, a flag can be ordered at their own expense through their U.S. Senator or Representative. For more information, contact the Total Force Service Center at 1-800-525-0102.
Awards for Retiring Guard and Reserve Members
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name