The Air Force has several programs to support enlisted Airmen toward achieving their educational goals. Under a new policy, students are allowed to self-enroll for the first and second course enrollment without supervisor and/or commander involvement. However, subsequent enrollments will require engagement with the member's supervisor, squadron commander and group commander. The policy applies to all enlisted distance learning professional military education programs such as Airman Leadership School or Course 3 for Reserve and Guard members, as well as Noncommissioned Officer Academy (Course 15) and Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy (Course 14). Members can find additional information and instructions for completing the required coordination for third through fifth reenrollments at the Air University Education Support Center.
AF Voluntary Education Policy Update
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name