The U.S. Air Force is postponing the October 2016 Non-rated Line Officer board. The Air Force Recruiting Service (AFRS) will not accept new applications to meet the March 2017 board. An announcement will be posted on the "Apply for a Commission" page on the Air Force Portal, and recruiters will contact civilian applicants. Also, AFRS is moving to smaller, more frequent boards beginning in mid-fiscal 2017. Board dates will be released at least 30 days prior to the application cutoff date and will focus on selecting candidates for specific career fields available at the time of the board. For updates and more information visit the Air Force Portal and search for "Apply for a Commission."
AF Reschedules Line Officer Board
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name