The Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) presents 'A Capitol Fourth' live from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC, Wednesday, July 4, 2018 from 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. ET. before a concert audience of hundreds of thousands. The concert can be heard on the American Forces Network and over National Public Radio (NPR) member stations nationwide. The concert will also be live-streamed on PBS, You Tube, Facebook, on the PBS website, and available as Video on Demand for a limited time only, July 4 to July 18, 2018. This time-honored 38 year-tradition puts viewers front and center for America's biggest birthday party with the greatest display of fireworks anywhere in the nation lighting up the D.C. skyline. For more July 4th event listings, features and discounts for military families, visit the Military.com July 4th page.
‘A Capitol Fourth’ on PBS
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name