L3 Insight offers a civilian version of the U.S. Army's AN/PEQ-15 multi-function laser device to kit out your AR for low-light shooting.
The ATPIAL-C laser device emits visible or IR light used for precise weapon aiming and target/area illumination. The Visible Aim Laser provides for active target acquisition in low-light and CQB situations without the need for night vision devices.
The IR Aim and Illumination lasers provide for active, covert target acquisition in low light or complete darkness when used in conjunction with night vision devices.
The ATPIAL-C is designed to the same rigorous standards as its U.S. Army counterpart, but it emits lower powered lasers, according to Optactical.com. Because the ATPIAL-C shares the same housing as the AN/PEQ-15 it will house the same parts, accessories, and other parts.
In order to make this civilian legal the emitted laser outputs have been lowered from class IIIb down to Class1/3R making it safe for the general public. The ATPIAL C can be mounted to the standard 1913 picatinny rail.
- Dimensions: 4.6″(L) x 2.8″(W) x 1.6″(H)
- Weight: 7.5 oz. w/ Battery
- Power: One (1) CR123A Battery (Included)
- Battery Life: >6 Hours in Dual High
- Waterproof: 6 Meters for One Hour
- Warranty: 1 Year Warranty
- IR Laser Class: Class1
- IR Laser Output: 0.7 mW
- IR Laser Divergence: 0.5 mRad
- IR Laser Wavelength: 820nm – 850nm
- IR Laser Range: >450 Yards
- Visible Laser Class: IIIR Red
- Visible Laser Output: 4.6 mW
- Visible Laser Divergence: 0.5 mRad
- Visible Laser Wavelength: 605nm – 665nm
- Visible Laser Range: >25 Meters in Direct Sun
- IR Illuminator Class: IIIR Infrared
- IR Illuminator Output: 3 mW – Fixed
- IR Illuminator Divergence: 105 mRad
- IR Illuminator Wavelength: 820nm – 850nm
- IR Illuminator Range: >150 Yards