I received the nanoStriker (made by EXOTAC) a few weeks back and just got around to a little T&E with it. It's basically a micro flint fire starter device.
As you can see by the video, it's a very small package and collapses into an even smaller footprint when not in use. The minimalist in me really likes the nanoSTRIKER. My only complaint is that the tiny striker is a bit small in my hands, which became tiresome and dug into my fingers only after a short time. I can imagine the curse words this would illicit had I been in the field and trying to start a fire with this bad boy in adverse conditions (e.g. tired and wet). Other than that, I really like the small form factor and would definitely consider putting this in my "Go Bag". When you need fire and your hands are cold and numb, having a good striker is critical in my opinion and they should look into improving this.
I'm impressed with the quality and design and will be reaching out to EXOTAC to look at a few more products soon. They have some good survival Kit that I want to look at.
nanoSTRIKER From EXOTAC
- Patent Pending Collapsible self-contained fire starter
- Ultra-portable for keyring and pocket carry
- Ferrocerium rod works when wet
- Lightweight 6061 aircraft aluminum body
- Tungsten carbide striker
- Replaceable ferrocerium rod
- More than 1000 fire-starting strikes!
Included in box:
- Split ring for keyring carry
- nanoSTRIKERtm with ferrocerium rod
- Extra set of o-rings
- Instruction Manual