I saw this prototype helmet from Ceradyne and Wilcox when I was walking the floor of AUSA. I thought that these guys were on track with integrating battery, NVG, EO camera and LED light components into the helmet itself. Let me know what you guys think.
MOdular Hard Wired Kitted (MOHAWK) Combat Helmet Specs:
- Boltless retention system reduces inside surface obstruction
- Multiple universal mounting points for accessories
- Lighter NVG attachment (lighter is always nice!)
- No shell hole/s for NVG attachment
- Offers a lighter weight helmet solution by combining power sources, and eliminating battery backs for each devices.