If you don't have the GI Bill and want to go to college, what can you do? Even more importantly, if you're not eligible to transfer your Post-9/11 GI Bill to your family and your kids want to go to college, what can you do?
Thankfully, there are literally thousands of scholarships out there, many available only to veterans or their children. We've gathered together a few here to help you.
- Sport Clips Help-A-Hero Scholarship. A scholarship worth up to $5,000 will be awarded to college students who are U.S. citizens and active duty, Reserve or Guard, retired or veterans with an honorable discharge. Available to E-5 and below with financial need. Closes April 30, 2020.
- Paradigm Challenge Scholarship. Up to 100, $100,000 scholarships will be awarded. Closes May 1, 2021. Create a novel and original way to save lives and solve problems around the world in homes, schools and communities. Open to students under 18. Must submit a brief statement up to 140 characters explaining the problem and solution.
- Ready to Vote Scholarship. Enter to win a $1,500 scholarship by completing and sharing an online quiz. The quiz educates students about the upcoming election. Closes Feb. 29, 2020. Open to those under age 25.
- Doodle for Google Contest. Enter to win a $30,000 scholarship by creating an original Google Doodle based on the theme "I show kindness by ..." Open to students in grades K through 12. Closes March 13, 2020.
- MarvelOptics.com Scholarship Contest. Enter to win a $1,500 scholarship by submitting a response to the following prompt: "Helen Keller said, 'The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.' What does that mean to you?" To enter, respond on your preferred social media platform. Open to current college students with at least a 2.5 GPA. Closes Aug. 15, 2020.
Find More Military-Friendly Scholarships
Find more cash for school or get the lowdown on scholarships and education help available for your family. FastWeb can help. Visit FastWeb.com to have education tips and benefits updates delivered directly to your inbox.