Well, Labor Day weekend means the end of summer -- but not to our defense coverage on DoDBuzz. We'll see you back here on Tuesday. Meantime, here were a few stories this week we didn't get a chance to write about:
• Now why does Chambliss love Lockheed-built fighter jets so much? Oh yeah.
• Turkey has agreed to set up an air defense radar as apart of the American and NATO missile defense shield against Iran.
• Secretary Panetta isn't around town as much as his predecessor was -- just as he did as CIA director, Panetta flies back and forth to his home in California every weekend.
• The Military Sealift Command hospital ship USNS Comfort is due back soon to its berth in Baltimore.
• If you haven't been following Sharon Weinberger's coverage at Danger Room about the Pentagon's no-bid contracts -- you should be.